I'm Back...Again....Sort Of...

Well dear friends, I've found a way to continue posting despite the loss of my trusty laptop, I might even be a tad more regular...I'm thinking an every Wednesday sort of situation. As I mentioned before though, my posts won't be quite so wordy or in-depth...someday when I obtain another laptop we'll be able to return to the days of verbose expositories on life in Latin America. Until then though fleeting thoughts and brief observations will have to suffice.
-
Anyways, I wanted to give a quick shout-out, and more importantly a heartfelt 'thank you' to all those who sent encouraging emails my way over the past two weeks. I certainly had a harrowing experience, one that I hope doesn't repeat itself and I find myself looking over my shoulder more often now when I'm out walking. Nevertheless, God is faithful, He kept me from serious harm, He taught me a few important lessons regarding my own naevete and feelings of invincibility and He's surrounded me with love and support from both the people here and those back home. Again, I wouldn't want to repeat the situation but a lot of good has certainly come out of it.
-
These past two weeks have been fairly uneventful, school, school and more school - I'm ready for it to be done, I see Honduras coming quickly and though I'll be sad to leave the people I love here, I am definitely ready to get on with what I came to do - I can't wait.
-
In other news, I'm planning on visiting San Carlos this weekend with about 25 other students from the school for the purpose of helping out with an orphanage there...I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing, probably playing with kids, but I'm very excited about going. Apparently San Carlos is absolutely beautiful, completely untouched by pollution and over-development...the rivers are swimable, I can't wait. The incredible part about this trip is that we're going to be taking a few kids from La Carpio to help us out. These kids have, in the last few months, built a relationship with the orphans there and in their own way have been missionaries to some of the kids that have experienced incredible pain and heartache already at such an early age. It blows my mind when I think of these La Carpio kids that have next to nothing sharing their time, their toys and their lives with kids they barely know. That to me is Christ at work in the world.
-
One last thought before I go, Shirley Morris, that's mi Grandma, will soon be a world-traveler. As I understand it she's never left the United States...maybe she's been to Canada (U.S. parte dos) but outside of that she's never left the contiguous 48 or flown in an airplane. In two weeks, with the help of dramamine and a bottle of scotch, she will have done both - she, my Aunt and Uncle are all coming to Costa Rica to visit me for the week leading up to Easter (Semana Santa). I cannot wait - I have been looking forward to this since they told me of their plans in Christmas, I'm especially excited for Shirl, I hope she stays sober long enough to enjoy her time here (just kidding Grandma).
-
Ok, that's all for this week tune back in next Wednesday and I'll have an update from San Carlos, and maybe a Floraisms. Peace!






- Matt






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras