Remember Me?

It's raining here for the first time in ages, perhaps more than a month...which is nice except for one thing: this is the week I had picked to build our stairs in Los Laureles. A while back a very generous person sent me a certain amount of money so that I could build some cinderblock and cement stairs into the side of a hill where a group of families had built their homes. It's a treacherous climb and all the more so when it rains so this news was warmly received by the residents. I had decided to build the stairs this week because the whole world here has off school and work i.e. cheap and/or free labor is readily available. We started on the project this past Monday and were moving along at steady pace until yesterday afternoon when the heavens opened and God decided that we'd been without rain for long enough. It pained me to cancel work this morning until I realized that I would be able to take a day and get some back-work caught up...not the least of which is this blog post. So while I lament the rain and the work-stoppage it has caused it is the reason I'm writing this today and not next month sometime.Life as of late has been consumed almost entirely by my work in Los Laureles - we are now working there all-day and everyday with the exception of Mondays which we use to regroup, refocus and take stock of where the Holy Spirit is leading us. To be honest so much has happened in the past few months, it has so consumed my life so completely that it seems overwhelmingly daunting to try and relay everything that we've experienced there. But duty calls dear readers and I feel the guilt and weight of not having been more diligent in my updates...so here goes. I think I really last left you with updates regarding Becca Serra's visit, the Riehl's visit and the introduction of my first 2 youth, Christian and Anwar.
HHHMMM...it seems that even though I have internet it proves to be terribly unreliable. I've been trying to upload a single foto for an hour...I think I'll call it quits and go to bed. Check back tomorrow for an update. Blessings to you. Peace!
- matt

Comments

ChaplainChas said…
Glad to see you're alive and well. Blessings, friend!
Nancy Marshall said…
Paz a ti, Mateo,
I, took a long hiatus from blogging too.

I love to hear what you have to say and laughed out loud reading your kitchen rabbit story in the EMM magazine. So I will look forward to the internet cooperating for you and your having an easy time of getting the pictures and story up.

Rain! Rain! We also have not had rain for over a month. It's so dry and dusty and hot. We look forward tot he rains coming, but it's not usually until the end of May. In the meantime I am thankful to have hose to water the flowers and vegetables and not have to carry water or haul it out of a well.

The stairs sound like such a gift or that community. I pray as I write that God will bless that work and help you to complete it without much more hassle. Maybe the rains helped to loosen the soil so it will be easier to dig into the side of the hill now?

Dios te bendiga
Nancy in Belize

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras