Pray for Manuel

it's not as bad as it looks?

I'd like to think that but I'm not sure. It all began about two weeks ago when he collided with another player on the soccer field. It left him with a sizable knot on his leg that left him in a lot of pain. He's been back working on the garbage trucks for the past month and apparently about a week ago as he was working some garbagey something sliced into his leg right where the soccer injury was. The knot began to grow and ache and while I was gone on an EMM Central American Retreat, someone had the bright idea to cut the knot open. All manner of puss and blood oozed out and this is what we've been dealing with ever since. I have him on antibiotics (amoxycillin) but I'd really like to get in there and scrub this out with iodine and alcohol. I have none though even if I did I doubt he'd let me. Pray though, with his leg like his he can't work on the garbage trucks and we don't want the infection to spread.

Comments

Matt, Don't use alcohol as it will only damage the healing cells. Warm soaks encourage the pus to come out. I suggest soaking three times a day with clean cloths each time.

Follow up ampicilina with Tetraciclina if he is past 12 years of age. He would take Tetraciclina every 12 hours.

He must rest and not walk much until the healing is completer. That's the hard part. . . not walking and running at his age.
Unknown said…
Matt - I'm back in town Monday night, Tuesday sometime, if you want, stop by and I'll get you some of the "good" anitibiotics and some gauze, etc. Or - bring him by and I'll give it a good scrub and give you some stuff to take back.

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras