William Nickols This Is For You

It's been far too long since last I've written and while there's been much that I've wanted to say and comment on, I've found my ability to articulate these thoughts to be wanting. My old knack for putting finger to keyboard and unloading my missives in a coherent way seems to have dissipated over these past few months. It's not been for lack of inspiration; there's much within the culture that has me frustrated and much here in La Ceiba that has me either pensive or overjoyed. For whatever reason though that perhaps God only knows, I've found that every time I've sat down to write nothing has come - I've barely even had the desire to try. William Nickols though, my feckless and jovial gadfly of a student has been relentless these many months pestering me to write a new post and always I've swatted him away hoping to avoid his reproaches. Today though on the Facebook I decided I'd had enough; I decided that I'm tired of silence, tired of the vortex of guilt that has come from refusing to write, I'm tired of watching the culture rot from within while most of us cheer it on or bury our heads in the sand. I'm tired of watching blatant hypocrisy in the elite world of P.C. thought. William, I am going to write, I'm going to blather and ramble and probably put my foot in my mouth a number of times along the way; and it's all going to be utterly and entirely your fault. Thank you.


Comments

william nickols said…
Nice to see you back Mr.Keiser or how about Mr.Awesome....just kidding

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras