Santa Ana

As much as I love sleeping in Saturdays I've been finding more and more that lately my favorite day of the week has been turning into just any other day of the week...there has been simply no time for Sponge Bob and chocolate milk in bed lo' these past few weeks. This past Saturday was of my own doing actually; it's been a while since I've seen my friend Felix who lives nearly an hour away in Santa Ana and pastors a tiny Mennonite church there. So I called him up, told him I would be swinging through and that I would have a few kids in tow. He said he and the Mrs. would be waiting and to get there in jiffy. It was a nice relaxing day actually, we visited a little, went swimming in the river and had bbq chicken for lunch. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we lost track of the time and nearly got stuck there, we made it of town on the last bus to Ceiba in fact - the national curfew hit at 6pm and we got back home just in time.


Pastor Felix


His Church


The Altar...they were preparing for a 'First Fruits' service the following day


Coming back from swimming cornstalks in hand. The boy to the left is Josue (Tati) and the boy on the right is Christian...Sergio took the picture.



I included this picture of Tati only because when Felix saw it he died laughing and said that if I sent this to UNICEF they'd send me all the funding I would ever need.
Waiting for the last bus out of town with Felix and Mavis' son Caleb.
Peace!

- mlk



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras