Snippets of Things I Really LIke

Ok just two really but I felt compelled to pass them along. The first is Camille Paglia who writes for Salon.com, she is an engaging, witty and thoughtful writer. She's a liberal to be sure but not in a knee-jerk, statist, big-government, intolerant of dissenting opinions sort of way. She is more of a classic free thinker, a pragmatist in many respects and always a foe of corruption, propaganda, philistine close-mindedness (both on the left and the right) and general un-thinking. I highly recommend reading her work, you won't agree with everything she writes, I certainly don't, but you will enjoy it and you'll probably be delighted by it.
As for the second item; I was reading Paglia's most recent column where she happened to mention two young English girls living in Germany that do extraordinary covers of classic 60's rock songs. So I looked them up on youtube and liked what I heard. Some of their covers are passable but others are exceptional. Paglia liked "House of the Rising Sun" but I particularly enjoyed "Creeque Alley" by The Mamas and The Papas. I suggest you check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8JzYt0rTCA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras