Keep Laughing Honduran Internet - You're Hilarious


Alright Internet, you win.
Laugh your head off.
Paying for an unusable service is a riot.
An uploaded picture per hour is comedic genius.

I can still write though - you can't limit me there; so write I shall. It's been almost a month now since I've been back and life has quickly returned to normal. In a good way, in a pre-2011 sort of way. I don't want to disparage the year that I lived in Los Laureles - I really do miss it in fact, but the act of living there limited the amount of time I actually truly visited other people in their homes. People instead visited me and did so around my schedule. It limited my time for activities with the youth of the community, as much of my life was occupied by maintaining my home, caring for the guys living with me and searching for water. And it limited the amount of quiet, alone time I had - the only time I had to myself was either early in the morning or late at night. Now though that I'm back living where I was prior to life in Laureles I'm finding that the rest of my life is finding balance as well; I'm spending my days in people's homes, my focus when I'm in the community is on the kids, their needs and our different activities and I have much more time to myself for rest and reflection. It's hard sometimes, in fact it doesn't feel quite right when I have to leave the community in the evening; I love that place and everything in me wants to stay - wants to have my place, my home be there in Laureles. I'm seeing the good in not living there though and the balance I feel in my life tells me that I'm living right where God wants me right now. Now if only I could share some photos of my now-balanced life.

Except I'm not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras