Another Rainy Day in Paradise

It's been raining torrentially for the past 14 hours without pause and so Manuel, Cristian & I spent the day playing cards, playing Wii, playing music and talking. Funny how rain, real heavy, torrential rain takes away all the guilt of staying indoors and doing absolutely nothing productive.
it also makes coffee that much more enjoyable

that's la ceiba in the distant haze and rain

that crack between the two walls brings the natural water flow down to my house

it was built that way on purpose, otherwise the water would have no where to go and it would eventually take my wall with it

with this rain though it brought with it mud

lots of it

our soccer field

at least it was supposed to be

with the rain it's exposed for what it is...

a landfill that washes down into the community

juan carlos staying dry

with the exposed landfill the garbage scourers take adavantage

a bit of sun on my landing yesterday

my very own banana tree

a quick nap between rainstorms

away from annoying children

pancha brought me lunch yesterday because she knew i was a bit under the weather

with the rain comes the wii

Comments

TNBaer said…
That coffee maker is awesome. Can you get me one?

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras