Just Starting Out


As I was stalking people around the face book this evening I ran across this picture of Carlos (Chihua) and Anuar (Pani) that had been posted to a friend's album. It made me smile, a lot. This was taken almost 3 years ago on a bus trip with 4 other guys - we were headed off to visit my friend Felix in Santa Ana and spend the day swimming and playing soccer. At the time of this photo I was close with only a small number of the kids here (most of whom were on this bus trip), the work seemed insurmountable and the undertaking massive; every day was a new surprise, a new person met, a new kid added to our group. It was an exciting, heady time full of new experiences and people, we didn't know where we were yet going but we knew were to be there follwing the Spirit, befriending people and sharing the love of Christ with the community in any way we could. Life has changed dramatically since this was taken, both for these two boys and for myself but the love I feel for both of them has only grown stronger and deeper. More than that I see the way God has led and guided and protected all of us these past 3 years, how He's given us direction, a focus, a purpose here. It's not always been easy or fun but it's the path God has given us. Pray that we have the strength and courage to continue following His lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras