Old Men In The Park

It was a bit of a slow day this morning, a lot of kids were either in school or away from the community and the few of us that remained just sat looking at each other. So, I did what anyone would do in such a situation, I yanked out my box of dominoes and challenged the kids to a tournament. Immediately the atmosphere changed, we dragged a table out into the middle of the street so that we could catch the breeze and there we sat playing for a good hour and a half. I played and won until I couldn't win anymore and then I relinquished my seat to Tolo - as I sat watching the kids play it reminded me of Costa Rica and the old Tico men that sit in the parks all day and play cards, dominoes and the like. I miss my life there sometimes.

sitting 'round the table

my replacement, tolo

chucu the onlooker with a "mateo haircut"

bayron





a load of recyclables...not at all related to the games but i liked the photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras