Clothing A-Go-Go

This past week (and I'm not making this up), a strange man in a turck pulled into the community asked for me and delivered 45 sacks of used clothing to the building we use. He made me sign on the dotted line and off he went. I had no idea who he was or where he was from and I was more than a little daunted by the amount of clothing I was now charged with giving away. After a good cry I remembered something - the YES Team! They can do my work for me. This past week then we spent our afternoons opening sacks, sorting the clothing and overseeing mass giveaways. It's been a real treat especially with these mild, Sahara temperatures we've been experiencing.
the clothing was so great that they were hanging from the windows in wild anticipation

to give perspective that's a pile 3 tables long and two tables wide and we were only about a 1/3 way through the project
did i mention they were hanging from the windows


all of this clothing meant less space for our thursday bible class

we had to cram nearly 50 children into a corner of the building


rafa teaching rolan how to color


coloring drawings of the creation story


they're coloring, not kneeling for prayer

that girl there in the middle is rockin' a nice 80's style mid-life hair-do

we'll call her barbara

barbara there reminds me of the methodist women that populated my grandmother's church back in the 1980's

barbara makes me long for my simple childhood

chele taking a nap on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Migrant Crisis

Coming to Honduras

10 Years In Honduras